Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Apocalyptic Tomatoes?

July 24, 2011

August 23, 2010
 It's cloudy out this morning but warm for mid April in Maine.  As my husband left for work he said it was like summertime.  This worries me but perhaps we'll have tasty tomatoes when the world heats up.

Two summers ago we had lovely tomatoes.  So many in fact that I was okay sharing with the tobacco hornworms.  Well, I only shared some.  Hornworms are interesting.  They are pesky.  But once they change they are lovely hummingbird moths. 

I use some of them as live models and make prints of them.  Then I let some have my tomatoes.  I figure it's a fair trade.  Maybe a little better for me as I still get to see them as hummingbirds in masquerade.




Golden Hornworm

1 comment:

  1. I like hummingbird moths. And I like tomatoes. I like that you have them in your life.

    ReplyDelete